Assessments for 2021-2022 U9-U14 Travel Teams
Suffield Soccer Club assessments for the 2021-2022 Travel Soccer Program will be held at Suffield High School on Sunday, June 6th. Assessments will only occur as needed based on the number of registrants in each age group. For example, if 12 players register for Boys U9 there will not be an assessment for that group, if 27 players registered there would be an assessment. Travel soccer involves a time commitment from both players and parents, as generally there will be two practices during the week and two games each weekend against teams from throughout north central Connecticut. The season runs typically from the end of August through early November in the Fall Season and from the end of March to mid-June in the Spring Season. The travel soccer program is competitive, and not all players who try out for U10-U14 teams are guaranteed a place on a team. For U9 teams, however, there will be no cuts so all who register will have a place on a team.
Travel early registration fee will be $225 for 2021 Fall – 2022 Spring season. This fee does not include the uniform. Parents must register their child on-line via www.suffieldsoccer.com by June 5th, after that date registration will be $250 and subject to roster space and SSC Board approval. If your child is new to the club, you will need to create a new member account online and register for your age-appropriate tryout. Before starting your players registration, please have the following information available:
- Use players legal name as the assigned US Soccer ID will follow them through their soccer careers.
- Parent/Guardians/Players medical insurance plan details
- A copy of the player’s birth certificate that can be uploaded.
- A copy of the player’s image/picture (headshot please) for purposes of creating a player pass.
- We recommend Parents/Guardians use your personal e-mail address and initiate the registration process from home as some companies may have website access restrictions in place for security purposes.
On days of tryout, please arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled tryout time, wear cleats & shin guards, and bring a soccer ball & water bottle. Please do not wear a uniform jersey or shirt with number on it.
Per our governing state and national soccer associations, age divisions will be based on the player’s year of birth.
Check our website for any last-minute schedule changes. Team placement will be emailed and rosters will be posted on the website around July 1st.